Vote By Mail
For the first time, the Montclair Municipal Election will be conducted entirely by mail due to the coronavirus pandemic.
What is does a vote-by-mail election mean?
- The Essex County Clerk has mailed ballots. If you haven't received them, you should in the next day or so.
- Every registered voter in your household should receive a separate ballot.
- Voting by mail is secure and easy.
Once you receive your ballot, here's how to vote:
1. Open your ballot the envelope will look like the below image.
2. Find LINE C and fill in the circles with a black pen or #2 pencil.
3. Place your ballot in the Voter Certification Envelope (image below). Seal the envelope and fill in Certificate of Mail in Voter on the envelope according to the instructions. If no one assisted you with your ballot, you do not need to fill in the bottom portion.
4. Place your Voter Certification Envelope and place it in the return envelope and seal it. Add your return address in the upper left hand corner. You do not need postage -- it is prepaid. To return it to the County Clerk, place the return envelope in your mailbox or in a USPS mailbox for pickup.
Note: You do not need to fill out the section labeled "To Protect Your Vote" if you are mailing your own ballot back.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Ballots must be postmarked before May 12th. Please return your ballot as soon as you can.
If you did not receive your ballot, you may request another one from the Essex County Clerk by filling out this form.
Please contact the Essex County Clerk at 973-387-7314 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Vote LINE C for Montclair 2020 - Progress in Action and return your ballot as soon as possible (before May 12).
If you need assistance or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out the form below sign up for Vote-By-Mail reminders and updates from our campaign!
Like us to spread the word